Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's been a while.

I have not written in a long time. I was caught up with debate and exams and other things that generally make life more stressful and less fun. I was really really excited about Obama's inauguration. In the vein of my lack of writing I slept through the inauguration. I woke up at 3 o clock on the afternoon of January 20th. I sauntered downstairs to my empty living room. I realized that I had slept through not only the inauguration, but also my parents' inauguration party. There was cold pizza left though. That was nice. My mom left a note on the kitchen table. It read: "Congratulations Mike, you managed to sleep through the most historically meaningful event of your life. I hope you're proud." I was. I had never slept that late in my life it was a big step for me.
I have also changed my schedule at school. I dropped my favorite class (Literature of war) in favor of having extra time to work on lacrosse, and replaced it with Science Fiction Literature. This trade seems a little bit regretable at least after two days of sci-fi. I simply couldn't be more bored. Every conversation seems like it is going to end up going in the same direction, at least in my mind. Blah blah Heidegger blah blah ontology blah blah technology. At a certain point I am probably bound to get sick of it unless I can bring a new interesting perspective to this class, but I probably won't.
Today I was listening to "Heaven is a Place on Earth" by Belinda Carlisle (Pause for laughter) it's embarrassing I know. This lead me to go on a small existentialist tangent inside my head. If you take for granted that Heaven is in fact a place on Earth then it is only a reasonable extrapolation that Hell is also a place on Earth. So where are Heaven and Hell on Earth? Apparently they are geographically distinguishable on Earth according to the former lead singer of the G0-gos. I have decided that Heaven and Hell are probably pretty close to each other. In fact I have also concluded that they are near my house. Specifically that the Rio shopping center might just be Heaven, but the Golf outlet inside of it is most certainly Hell. The two of them are inseperable, but all of the people at the Golf store are unsufferable assholes.
There is a shortage of funding for hospitals in modern society. People just don't seem to care anymore. Hospitals are understaffed and the employees are overworked. I think there is a solution to this problem. The sale of hospital food to the general public. I mean if I were hungry and I drove by suburban hospital and I knew I could drop 6 bucks on a burger some fries and a coke I know I would. The hospitals would be able to support themselves and there would be a delicious stop on the way home from school. It would also stop people from laughing at me about the time we were high and I suggested we eat hospital food.

No comments:

Post a Comment